Are you ready to sell your house? If you’re not sure when to list your home, take a look at the questions to ask right now.
What Does the Housing Market Have to Say?
The economy plays a crucial role in the ability to sell your home. A dip in the housing market may make it a challenge to get the price you want in the time-frame you have in mind. Joblessness, high interest rates, or a dramatic increase in the number of listings (especially in your local area) can all drive the market down. If you’re not sure how the housing market will impact your home sale:
- Talk to a real estate agent. The housing market isn’t easy for a novice to understand. If you know little (or nothing) about the economic factors and the influence of local real estate, a professional can guide you.
- Follow the agent’s advice. The real estate agent may not tell you what you want to hear. They may say your home isn’t worth what you think it is. Even though no one wants to hear this type of news, the agent is an expert and knows the real estate market in your area.
- Wait to sell your home. If you’re not happy with what the agent has to say about the state of the market, and you don’t need to list your home right now, wait to sell your property.
Even though the real estate market is a major factor in sales timing, it isn’t the only one. Along with outside issues you also need to look inward — and decide whether your home is in sales-ready shape.
Is Your Home Ready to Sell?
The market says it’s time to sell. But what do you have to say about your home? If you want to get the most for you home, and sell it in the least amount of time, you may need to:
- Make repairs. Obvious issues and existing damage can turn potential buyers away. While you don’t have to break your home improvement budget to repair a home you won’t stay in, you should fix serious or noticeable problems.
- Change the décor. The highly patterned wallpaper in your living room may push buyers away. Neutralize the space and help the would-be buyer see themselves in your home.
- Upgrade the exterior. How much curb appeal does your home have? If there are weeds in the yard, the paint is peeling, or there are other exterior issues, correct them before you list your home.
If you’re not sure what to repair or what changes to make, talk to a real estate agent. The agent has the experience and expertise to help you choose the most profitable upgrades.
Are You Ready to Sell Your Home?
How do you know when you’re ready to sell your home? Homes are more than just pieces of property. Your house is filled with memories and meanings. If you’re not sure whether you’re ready to sell right now, consider:
- Immediate needs. Do you need to relocate or have you already bought a new house? If you have an immediate need, now is the time to sell.
- Your comfort level. If you don’t feel comfortable selling your home right now, you may need to wait until you can make the process stress-free.
- Your real estate goals. Do you want to make a profit? Do you have a dream home (other than the one you currently live in) you want to find immediately? Talk to your agent about your real estate goals and how they can help you to achieve them.
The real estate agent is more than someone who sells and handles the fine print. They can help you to understand the benefits of selling your home and help you to feel better about the process.
Do you want to sell your home? Contact Charles L. Moles Real Estate for more information.